So how many of you have the $50 Saks Fifth Avenue Amex credit from your Platinum card and have no idea what to spend it on? First, if you don’t know about this credit then you are losing out on $100 of free money per year. If you have the Amex Platinum card, you get a $50 statement credit twice a year (Jan-June and July-Dec). All you have to do is enroll and pay for your item with your Amex Platinum card.
If you already know about this benefit, then maybe you’re like me where you have no idea what you can use the $50 Saks Fifth Avenue Amex credit on. Some years I’ve been really good about buying something I’ve been eyeing on like my Gucci Marmont belt. But other times, like this past cycle, I totally forgot about the credit and sadly missed out on $50. For this second half of the year, I was determined not to waste the $50 credit again. Especially, since the annual fee is a crazy $695 so I need to make back my annual fee as much as possible.
So, I literally spent days researching good deals for my $50 Saks Fifth Avenue Amex credit and I thought why not share my research. I already did most of the leg work so why not share it with all of my readers! Also, Black Friday is a perfect time to spend that $50 since there are extra sales and promotions going on. Nothing feels better than bundling a discount and another discount, right?
Disclosure: I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are our own. This post may contain affiliate links and I may earn a small commission when you click the links at no additional cost to you.
Before you even begin shopping, make sure you sign up for Rakuten. It’s an online coupon tool that helps you get cash back on almost anything you buy. I have been a big fan of this for years (even when it used to be called Ebates) and I encourage you to sign up since it’s totally free. You literally get paid back real money every couple of months or so. I used to have a check mailed to me but now I’ve opted to have my cashback be paid back via PayPal. The reason why this is important is that Saks Fifth Avenue is up to offering 10% cash back!
If you have the Amex Platinum, then you are entitled to a free ShopRunner membership which gives you free 2-day shipping on hundreds of stores, including Saks Fifth Avenue. Make sure you enroll your card first and then at any ShopRunner retailer.
There are two noticeable Black Friday sales that are going on from November 25-26 right now. One is on 15% off all beauty and grooming and the other is that you get a $75 gift card if you spend $150. To top it off, you also have that $50 Saks Fifth Avenue Amex Credit to spend! 15% Off Beauty and Grooming (Nov 25-26) Earn a $75 Gift Card With Only a $150 Purchase (Use code BLKFRISF): Keep in mind that you have to spend the $150 between Nov 25-26. You will then receive a promotional gift card where you will have to spend between the dates of 12/13/21-12/19/21.
Update (11/27/21): The above promotions have ended. Saks has a new promotion for the weekend running from November 27-28.
- Black Friday Weekend: Tier Promotional Gift Card. Start by earning a $50 Saks Gift Card with your $200 purchase (Including Beauty). Use code BFWKNDSF.
Items to Spend your $50 Saks Fifth Avenue Amex Credit On
Skincare products are usually my go-to for spending my $50 Saks Fifth Avenue credit from Amex. You can usually find products for less than $50 and get to try something new in your skincare routine as well. Also, right now is a good time to buy because Saks is having a sale on all skincare and beauty.
$68$54.40 Estée Lauder Major Eye Impact Repair 3-Piece Set: As a sign of getting older, we’re all starting to see wrinkles under the eye so I thought that this set was a good deal since the Advance Night Repair Eye Supercharged Complex is award-winning and already $66 by itself! ($50-$750 Gift Card with Code BFWKNDSF)
- $38 Shiseido Men Energizing Moisturizer Extra Light Fluid: For the men in our lives especially once that winter dryness hits. ($50-$750 Gift Card with Code BFWKNDSF)
- $350 La Mer 2-Piece The Crème De La Mer Duet Set: Okay now I know this is RIDICULOUSLY expensive but the reason I’m putting it on here is because the big size (2 oz) already costs $350 by ITSELF. So, you are essentially getting the little size (.5 oz) for free. Do you know how much that little one costs by itself? $95! On top of that, if you minus off the $50, you’re saving at least $145.
- $16-$52 Kiehl’s Calendula Deep Cleansing Foaming Face Wash: Award-winning and fan-favorite face wash. ($50-$750 Gift Card with Code BFWKNDSF)
Since the pandemic started, I have never been on so many picnics in my life. To be honest, I kind of love it and want to keep having picnics so I’ve definitely invested in a lot of items over the past 1.5 years. Some of you might be in the same boat so these items are definitely a must and most of them are under $50!
- $59.95 On The Go Roll-Top Cooler Bag: If I knew about this bag before I bought my other cooler bag earlier this year, I would have definitely gotten this one instead. The one I have is a shoulder strap so it’s hard to walk since the weight is not distributed evenly. Since this one is a backpack, it’s much easier to carry around especially for a hike. ($50-$750 Gift Card with Code BFWKNDSF)
- $45 20 oz Sport Canteen: The ultimate water bottle for the gym or going on a hike ($50-$750 Gift Card with Code BFWKNDSF)
- $44.95 Zuma Backpack Cooler: Ok this cooler backpack is great if you are really looking to hit under that $50 mark. The only thing I don’t like is that it splits in the middle so you can carry tall items like wine bottles. If you’re willing to spend a little more, I highly recommend the roll-top version. ($50-$750 Gift Card with Code BFWKNDSF)
- $45.95 Extra Large Outdoor Picnic Blanket: Measuring 70″x80″, this will definitely suffice for your next big group picnic. You don’t have to worry about lugging multiple blankets or asking people to bring theirs anymore. ($50-$750 Gift Card with Code BFWKNDSF)
- $45 Water Bottle Sling Bag: This is definitely for people that hate carrying their water bottle around during a hike. ($50-$750 Gift Card with Code BFWKNDSF)
If you know me by now, you would know that I’m a huge wine fan. If you are too, maybe it’s time to upgrade your glassware. Below are items that are below your $50 Saks Fifth Avenue Amex credit so you don’t have to worry about paying anything extra!
- $39 Fantasy 2-Piece White Wine Glass Set: White wine set of two glasses. Love this brand (Nude Glass) before of their modern and sleek design. ($50-$750 Gift Card with Code BFWKNDSF)
- $37 2-Piece Vintage Champagne Glass Set: Champagne set of two glasses. Love this brand (Nude Glass) before of their modern and sleek design. ($50-$750 Gift Card with Code BFWKNDSF)
- $35 Riedel Dom Pérignon Champagne Glass: One glass but it’s a partnership between Dom Pérignon and Riedel. Who wouldn’t love that? ($50-$750 Gift Card with Code BFWKNDSF)
- $34 Vintage Bordeau 2-Piece Wine Glass Set: Red wine set of two glasses. Love this brand (Nude Glass) before of their modern and sleek design. ($50-$750 Gift Card with Code BFWKNDSF)
Surprisingly, there are some pretty good finds for your home that won’t break the bank. A couple of them I found are actually in the $50 range too.
- $49.99 3-Tier Towel Rack: The towel rack I think is a steal, especially for Saks. ($50-$750 Gift Card with Code BFWKNDSF)
- $44.99 Nesting Baskets 3-Piece Set: The baskets are nice since everyone always needs storage. ($50-$750 Gift Card with Code BFWKNDSF)
- $88 Ui Self-Heating Ceramic Mug & Charger Set: Regarding the ceramic mug, I’m the type of person who ALWAYS forgets to drink her coffee and by the time I’m ready, it’s already cold. I think this because not only will it keep my coffee hot but it acts as a wireless phone charger when you’re not using it!
This section is for the true loves of your lives. If you don’t need anything for yourself, why not spoil your furry friends?
- $45 Barbour Wax Cotton Step-In Dog Harness: Your dog can be just as dashing as you are in this Barbour dog harness. ($50-$750 Gift Card with Code BFWKNDSF)
- $48 Standard Harness Dog Leash: Need a new colorful dog harness? Look no further, Comes in multiple colors and four different sizes. ($50-$750 Gift Card with Code BFWKNDSF)
- $49 Stewart Plaid Bow Tie Dog Collar: Who wants their dog to look their best for those holiday photos? Comes in different colors! ($50-$750 Gift Card with Code BFWKNDSF)
- $48 Leather Dog Collar: How pretty is this collar?! Such a classic color too. ($50-$750 Gift Card with Code BFWKNDSF)
I know we’re trying to keep it around $50 or so but I had to at least bring to your attention that some Longchamp items are on sale! If you like to travel as much as I do, you know that this is a must-have. This is the bag that I always throw in my suitcase just in case I ever need an extra bag for all of the things I buy while traveling.
$145$101.50 (Select colors on sale) Longchamp Le Pliage 18″ Large Travel Bag: If you need a bigger bag, I highly suggest this one. It folds up pretty tiny since it has small handles. Great to through into your suitcase. ($50-$750 Gift Card with Code BFWKNDSF)
- $255 Longchamp Le Pliage Expandable Duffel Bag: I know this is not on sale but I love this bag so much. I can’t tell you how many times I wished I had an extra duffle or bag because I bought too many things and couldn’t fit them in my regular suite case. Now since this is expandable, you literally have an extra bag that you can stuff all your goodies in. ($50-$750 Gift Card with Code BFWKNDSF)
$160$112 Le Pliage Club 18″ Large Travel Bag: Another large travel bag but in a different color!($50-$750 Gift Card with Code BFWKNDSF) $155$108.50 Large Le Pliage Club: I like this one too because it has a longer handle for you to carry it around your shoulder. ($50-$750 Gift Card with Code BFWKNDSF) $110$77 (Select colors on sale) Longchamp Small Le Pliage Tote: This is exciting because some Longchamp items are on sale which makes it even more of a deal when you use your $50. You can get this small Longchamp bag for almost $30 out-of-pocket! ($50-$750 Gift Card with Code BFWKNDSF)
This section is in case you bought something that is well underneath the $50 mark and need/want to buy something extra to at least get you close to the $50 Saks Fifth Avenue Amex credit.
- $9.99 Forno UFO Make My Day 6-Piece Sheet Mask Set ($50-$750 Gift Card with Code BFWKNDSF)
- $9.50 Supergoop Play Acai SPF 30 Lip Balm ($50-$750 Gift Card with Code BFWKNDSF)
- $9 Sense Fragrance-Free Hand Sanitizer ($50-$750 Gift Card with Code BFWKNDSF)
- $5 Bro Mask Cooling Eye Gels ($50-$750 Gift Card with Code BFWKNDSF)
- $7 Bro Mask 100% Hydrogel Sheet Mask ($50-$750 Gift Card with Code BFWKNDSF)
So What Did I End Up Buying?
I ended up buying the Estée Lauder Major Eye Impact Repair 3-Piece Set! I know it’s more than the $50 Saks Fifth Avenue Amex credit, but the item was on sale and I couldn’t resist. I also hate leaving money on the table so I would rather spend more than spend less. I’m excited to hear what everyone else bought. Let me know if you’ve found any good items as well. Would love to know so I have more ideas for my credit next year. Also, if you need Las Vegas Black Friday Deals, make sure you check out my post here too!